Election petitions against TR Baalu dismissed
Chennai: Madras High Court on Monday dismissed two petitions which challenged the election of senior DMK leader TR Baalu from Sriperumbudur Lok Sabha constituency in 2009.
Dismissing the petitions filed by losing PMK candidate AK Moorthy and independent P Nagaraj, Justice S Rajeswaran said there were no sufficient `material facts` to support the allegations raised by them.
Moorthy contended that there was a difference of 2,864 votes between the total number of votes polled in the EVMs and the assembly constituency wise tally.
Both the petitioners also claimed that Baalu had violated certain provisions of the Representation of People`s Act.
Dismissing their contentions, the judge said, "I hold that the election petitions do not contain material facts, which are necessary and there is no cause of action for filing the petitions."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you