Elephant fatally attacks woman in Erode district
Erode: A 50-year old woman died after she was attacked by an elephant at a village in Kadambur forest area in the district, police said today.
The woman of Anaikarai village was tending her cattle last evening in Kadambur forest when a tusker attacked her. One of its tusks pierced the woman on her back and she suffered serious injuries.
Passersby, who heard her cries for help, rushed her to a hospital but she succumbed to the injuries on the way, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!