‘Encroachment by Alagiri family-owned IT park’
Madurai: A preliminary inquiry by city civic
officials has found encroachment of government land by an IT
park here in which Union Minister M K Alagiri`s family members
are directors, officials said on Tuesday.
The officials have commenced their inquiry into the
alleged encroachment of cartroad and government wet land by
the Daya Cyber Park on a direction from District Collector U
Initial comparison with government records showed that
encroachment had been made by both Daya Cyber Park and a
neighbouring building, they said.
Encroachment had been found in two survey numbers to the
extent of around 5.5 cents (one cent is around 400 sq feet)
and 1.5 cents respectively by the Cyber park and neighbouring
The report would be sent to the collector after direct
field inspection of the buildings, they said.
The Collector has recently written to the Corporation
Commissioner directing him to enquire into allegations of
encroachment and take action to remove them if those were
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Pakistan regrets US lack of appreciation for its anti-terror role
- Uttarakhand forest fires show signs of abating
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in