‘Encroachment by Alagiri family-owned IT park’
Madurai: A preliminary inquiry by city civic
officials has found encroachment of government land by an IT
park here in which Union Minister M K Alagiri`s family members
are directors, officials said on Tuesday.
The officials have commenced their inquiry into the
alleged encroachment of cartroad and government wet land by
the Daya Cyber Park on a direction from District Collector U
Initial comparison with government records showed that
encroachment had been made by both Daya Cyber Park and a
neighbouring building, they said.
Encroachment had been found in two survey numbers to the
extent of around 5.5 cents (one cent is around 400 sq feet)
and 1.5 cents respectively by the Cyber park and neighbouring
The report would be sent to the collector after direct
field inspection of the buildings, they said.
The Collector has recently written to the Corporation
Commissioner directing him to enquire into allegations of
encroachment and take action to remove them if those were
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees