‘Encroachment by Alagiri family-owned IT park’
Madurai: A preliminary inquiry by city civic
officials has found encroachment of government land by an IT
park here in which Union Minister M K Alagiri`s family members
are directors, officials said on Tuesday.
The officials have commenced their inquiry into the
alleged encroachment of cartroad and government wet land by
the Daya Cyber Park on a direction from District Collector U
Initial comparison with government records showed that
encroachment had been made by both Daya Cyber Park and a
neighbouring building, they said.
Encroachment had been found in two survey numbers to the
extent of around 5.5 cents (one cent is around 400 sq feet)
and 1.5 cents respectively by the Cyber park and neighbouring
The report would be sent to the collector after direct
field inspection of the buildings, they said.
The Collector has recently written to the Corporation
Commissioner directing him to enquire into allegations of
encroachment and take action to remove them if those were
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video