Engineering college principal hacked to death by students
Tirunelveli: The principal of an engineering college in Tuticorin district was hacked to death in the college Thursday morning allegedly by three students who were ordered to vacate the hostel on grounds of indiscipline.
Police said the Principal Suresh (55) of Infant Jesus College of Engineering at Vallanadu died on way to hospital.
The three students have been arrested, they said.
Police said initial investigation found that the principal had asked the three students to vacate the hostel, following complaints of alleged ragging and certain other acts of indiscipline.
Enraged by his directive, they hacked him to death, police said.
In the wake of the incident, the college had been closed for the day.
The Tuticorin District Superintendent of Police Durai visited the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir