Engineering colleges advised to work with police
Kanchipuram: Engineering colleges in the
district have been advised to work with the police to bring
down crime rate, as part of an increasing pattern in other
states of students being involved in helping reduce crime.
In a meeting of principals of engineering colleges in the
district and police officers here yesterday, Kanchipuram
Superintendent of Police, Manoharan, said increased
cooperation from colleges could help in identifying accused
persons wanted in other parts of the country who may have
joined the college as students.
Some colleges are in the habit of canvassing students
through touts and admit them through brokers and students from
other states are admitted for their capitation fees paid,
disregarding their past records, Manoharan said.
Colleges must take care to scrutinise the background and
biodata of the applicants to check if they had any criminal
record, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future
- Strong Indo-US ties to strengthen both economies: White House