Engineering colleges advised to work with police
Kanchipuram: Engineering colleges in the
district have been advised to work with the police to bring
down crime rate, as part of an increasing pattern in other
states of students being involved in helping reduce crime.
In a meeting of principals of engineering colleges in the
district and police officers here yesterday, Kanchipuram
Superintendent of Police, Manoharan, said increased
cooperation from colleges could help in identifying accused
persons wanted in other parts of the country who may have
joined the college as students.
Some colleges are in the habit of canvassing students
through touts and admit them through brokers and students from
other states are admitted for their capitation fees paid,
disregarding their past records, Manoharan said.
Colleges must take care to scrutinise the background and
biodata of the applicants to check if they had any criminal
record, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey