Ensure safety of Lankan cricketers: Swamy to Jaya
New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy will campaign for President`s rule in Tamil Nadu if Chief Minister Jayalalithaa "does not take measures" to ensure safety of Sri Lankan cricketers visiting the state.
In a statement, he said Jayalalithaa should take necessary steps to ensure that the visitors from Sri Lanka are not harmed.
"The call by the chief minister for not allowing Sri Lankan cricketers to play in Chennai is ridiculous... If the chief minister is incapable of preventing such lawlessness, she is not discharging her office...," he said.
"If one more such violent organised incident takes place, I shall campaign to have President`s rule in the state," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference