Ensure safety of Lankan cricketers: Swamy to Jaya
New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy will campaign for President`s rule in Tamil Nadu if Chief Minister Jayalalithaa "does not take measures" to ensure safety of Sri Lankan cricketers visiting the state.
In a statement, he said Jayalalithaa should take necessary steps to ensure that the visitors from Sri Lanka are not harmed.
"The call by the chief minister for not allowing Sri Lankan cricketers to play in Chennai is ridiculous... If the chief minister is incapable of preventing such lawlessness, she is not discharging her office...," he said.
"If one more such violent organised incident takes place, I shall campaign to have President`s rule in the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan