Ensure safety of Lankan cricketers: Swamy to Jaya
New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy will campaign for President`s rule in Tamil Nadu if Chief Minister Jayalalithaa "does not take measures" to ensure safety of Sri Lankan cricketers visiting the state.
In a statement, he said Jayalalithaa should take necessary steps to ensure that the visitors from Sri Lanka are not harmed.
"The call by the chief minister for not allowing Sri Lankan cricketers to play in Chennai is ridiculous... If the chief minister is incapable of preventing such lawlessness, she is not discharging her office...," he said.
"If one more such violent organised incident takes place, I shall campaign to have President`s rule in the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday