Ensure safety of Lankan cricketers: Swamy to Jaya
New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy will campaign for President`s rule in Tamil Nadu if Chief Minister Jayalalithaa "does not take measures" to ensure safety of Sri Lankan cricketers visiting the state.
In a statement, he said Jayalalithaa should take necessary steps to ensure that the visitors from Sri Lanka are not harmed.
"The call by the chief minister for not allowing Sri Lankan cricketers to play in Chennai is ridiculous... If the chief minister is incapable of preventing such lawlessness, she is not discharging her office...," he said.
"If one more such violent organised incident takes place, I shall campaign to have President`s rule in the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi