Ensure safety of Lankan cricketers: Swamy to Jaya
New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy will campaign for President`s rule in Tamil Nadu if Chief Minister Jayalalithaa "does not take measures" to ensure safety of Sri Lankan cricketers visiting the state.
In a statement, he said Jayalalithaa should take necessary steps to ensure that the visitors from Sri Lanka are not harmed.
"The call by the chief minister for not allowing Sri Lankan cricketers to play in Chennai is ridiculous... If the chief minister is incapable of preventing such lawlessness, she is not discharging her office...," he said.
"If one more such violent organised incident takes place, I shall campaign to have President`s rule in the state," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know