Ephedrine valued at rs two crore seized; 6 held
Chennai: In what is suspected to be security
breach, 6.5 kg of a banned drug has been seized at the airport
here and six persons, including the bus driver of a private
airlines, arrested in this connection.
Besides the driver of a bus used to ferry passengers from
terminal to the flight, the arrested also included a woman
and a Sri Lankan national, Directorate of Revenue Intelligence
Additional Director General C Rajan told.
The value of the seized drug, Ephedrine, meant to be
smuggled to Kuala Lumpur, is around rs two crore.
The official said the suppliers had handed over the parcel
containing the drugs to the driver of the bus of Jet Airways.
He had first hid the contraband in the vehicle and later in
another tractor. The DRI team also seized the vehicles used in
the crime, including the bus, he said.
While four were taken into custody at the airport here
last evening, two others, suspected to be suppliers, were
arrested from Guindy near here.
Meanwhile, officials are miffed over the modus operandi as
the parcel containing the drug managed to slip past different
layers of security which the DRI, sources said, was planning
to take up with security agencies at the airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack