Evidence of 9 more defence witnesses recorded in Jaya case
Bangalore: The special court trying the disproportionate asset case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Wednesday recorded the evidence of nine defence witnesses.
With today`s proceedings, the evidence of 42 witnesses had been recorded so far.
After the prosecution cross-examined three defence witnesses, Judge M S Balakrishna adjourned the matter to tomorrow when the recording of evdience would continue.
Jayalalithaa is facing charges that she accumulated wealth to the tune of Rs 66.65 crore disproportionate to her known sources of income when she was the chief minister for the first time from 1991 to 1996.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video