Evidence of 9 more defence witnesses recorded in Jaya case
Bangalore: The special court trying the disproportionate asset case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Wednesday recorded the evidence of nine defence witnesses.
With today`s proceedings, the evidence of 42 witnesses had been recorded so far.
After the prosecution cross-examined three defence witnesses, Judge M S Balakrishna adjourned the matter to tomorrow when the recording of evdience would continue.
Jayalalithaa is facing charges that she accumulated wealth to the tune of Rs 66.65 crore disproportionate to her known sources of income when she was the chief minister for the first time from 1991 to 1996.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday