Evidence of 9 more defence witnesses recorded in Jaya case
Bangalore: The special court trying the disproportionate asset case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Wednesday recorded the evidence of nine defence witnesses.
With today`s proceedings, the evidence of 42 witnesses had been recorded so far.
After the prosecution cross-examined three defence witnesses, Judge M S Balakrishna adjourned the matter to tomorrow when the recording of evdience would continue.
Jayalalithaa is facing charges that she accumulated wealth to the tune of Rs 66.65 crore disproportionate to her known sources of income when she was the chief minister for the first time from 1991 to 1996.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal