Evidence of three defence witnesses recorded in Jaya case
Bangalore: The Special Court trying the disproportionate asset case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday recorded the evidence of three defence witnesses.
Judge MS Balakrishna then adjourned the matter to May 28 for further recording of evidence of defence witnesses and their cross examination since the Special Public Prosecutor Bhavani Singh and the interpreter sought time.
Jayalalithaa is facing charges that she accumulated wealth of Rs 66.65 crore disproportionate to her known sources of income when she was Chief Minister from 1991 to 1996.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister