Evidence of three defence witnesses recorded in Jaya case
Bangalore: The Special Court trying the disproportionate asset case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday recorded the evidence of three defence witnesses.
Judge MS Balakrishna then adjourned the matter to May 28 for further recording of evidence of defence witnesses and their cross examination since the Special Public Prosecutor Bhavani Singh and the interpreter sought time.
Jayalalithaa is facing charges that she accumulated wealth of Rs 66.65 crore disproportionate to her known sources of income when she was Chief Minister from 1991 to 1996.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan