Ex-DCC chief held in land grabbing case
Tiruchirappalli: A former local Congress
functionary and four of his associates were on Monday arrested in
connection with a land grabbing case in which former DMK
minister K N Nehru is the prime accused, police said.
Former District Congress Committee President Kottapattu
Shanmugam and four others were arrested on the complaint by
one Karunanidhi, a resident of airport locality here.
The complainant alleged that the five along with six
others, including Nehru, his brother and city Deputy Mayor
Anbalagan, had grabbed his 9.33 acres of land near the
airport, police said.
They were produced before a court here which remanded them
to judicial custody.
Nehru is already under judicial custody after his arrest
last month in a land grabbing case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections