Ex-DCC chief held in land grabbing case
Tiruchirappalli: A former local Congress
functionary and four of his associates were on Monday arrested in
connection with a land grabbing case in which former DMK
minister K N Nehru is the prime accused, police said.
Former District Congress Committee President Kottapattu
Shanmugam and four others were arrested on the complaint by
one Karunanidhi, a resident of airport locality here.
The complainant alleged that the five along with six
others, including Nehru, his brother and city Deputy Mayor
Anbalagan, had grabbed his 9.33 acres of land near the
airport, police said.
They were produced before a court here which remanded them
to judicial custody.
Nehru is already under judicial custody after his arrest
last month in a land grabbing case.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Uttarakhand forest fire LIVE: 1500 villages under threat, govt issues alert
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe
- In home turf in Bihar, Kanhaiya Kumar all praise for Nitish Kumar, Lalu Yadav; slams Modi govt
- Realty firm Godrej Properties buys 49% stake in its arm Happy Highrises