Ex-DMK minister arrested on murder charges
Chennai: Former DMK minister KPP Samy was
arrested here on Saturday in connection with the abduction and
murder of a fisherman in 2006 and remanded in judicial
Samy was arrested from his house at nearby Thiruvotriyur
in connection with the murder of one Chelladurai hailing from
a local fishing hamlet, police said.
The original complaint was lodged in 2006 by
Chelladurai`s wife following which a `missing person` case had
It was converted into a murder case last month with
police adding other provisions including criminal conspiracy.
Two persons were arrested in connection with that, it said,
adding, four others surrendered before the court.
Police recorded the statement of 48-year-old Samy and he
was later remanded in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch