Ex-DMK minister discharged in wealth case
Chennai: Holding that the prosecution has not made a prima facie case, a Special Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Cases Court on Monday discharged former DMK minister Parithi Ilamvazuthi and his wife from a disproportionate wealth case of 2011.
"Viewing from any angle, the prosecution has not made prima facie case against Parithi Ilamvazhuthi or his wife. To be more specific, the investigating officer has suppressed the repayment of loan by the borrower and the amount of gift received by the petitioner(Ilamvazhuthi)," Special Judge for Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Cases, Vijayalakshmi said.
DVAC had registered the case against Ilamvazuthi and his wife for amassing wealth of Rs 63 lakh disproportionate to known sources of income between June 2006 to March 2010.
He was representing the Egmore Assembly constituency since 1989 and was holding the post of Deputy General Secretary, when he quit the party in 2011. He joined AIADMK this June.
The DVAC filed charge sheet few months ago.
Ilamvazuthi, who filed the discharge petition, alleged that the Investigating officer deliberately omitted details regarding the repayment of loan amount by borrowers and details of his income. He alleged the case was foisted against him and his family.
Accepting the version of the Counsel for Ilamvazuthi and his wife, the judge discharged them from the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in