Ex DMK MLA files anticipatory bail plea in sexual harassment case
Madurai: Former DMK MLA and party`s Tirunelveli district secretary V Karuppasamy Pandian on Friday moved the Madras High Court here seeking anticipatory bail in a sexual harassment case registered against him by Tirunelveli police.
Police had on September 17 registered cases under various sections of IPC including 354 (sexual harassment), 506 (i) (criminal intimidation) and Section four of the Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Harassment of Women Act against Pandian based on sexual harassment charges levelled by daughter of a party functionary when she met him recently, seeking his help to enter politics.
In his petition, Pandian denied the charges levelled by the complainant and claimed that the charges were fabricated due to rivalry in DMK.
He said the complaint was registered with an "intention to damage his name and fame".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued