Ex-DMK MLA held in another land grabbing case
Chennai: Former DMK MLA B Ranganathan was on Tuesday
arrested in one more land grabbing case by the Crime Branch
Besides Ranganathan, his associate Gowri Sankar was also
arrested in the case filed on a complaint by Amaravathy Cranes
and Structurals Proprietor S R Y Ankineedu Prasad that the duo
in collusion with some others had grabbed his 118.14 acre land
in Morai village.
Ranganathan and Sankar were arrested in August on the
charge of grabbing two acres of land in Nolumbur near here and
have since been lodged in the Vellore Central prison.
They were formally arrested in the fresh case after
investigations into the complaint revealed that the accused
joined hands and made a layout in the land and sold the plots
to individuals, a CB-CID release said.
Further investigation was going on, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Maharashtra govt to transfer 933 cr lottery revenue loss case to CBI
- Donald Trump accuses Hillary Clinton for email scandal of Democratic party
- Thinking like a batsman the mantra for successful field placing: Virat Kohli
- NIA files charge sheet against three men deported from UAE for ISIS links