Ex-DMK MLA held in another land grabbing case
Chennai: Former DMK MLA B Ranganathan was on Tuesday
arrested in one more land grabbing case by the Crime Branch
Besides Ranganathan, his associate Gowri Sankar was also
arrested in the case filed on a complaint by Amaravathy Cranes
and Structurals Proprietor S R Y Ankineedu Prasad that the duo
in collusion with some others had grabbed his 118.14 acre land
in Morai village.
Ranganathan and Sankar were arrested in August on the
charge of grabbing two acres of land in Nolumbur near here and
have since been lodged in the Vellore Central prison.
They were formally arrested in the fresh case after
investigations into the complaint revealed that the accused
joined hands and made a layout in the land and sold the plots
to individuals, a CB-CID release said.
Further investigation was going on, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog