Ex-Panchayat Commissioner sentenced in bribe case
Chennai: A former panchayat official in Puducherry was on Friday sentenced to four years imprisonment by a CBI court for accepting a bribe of Rs 5,000 for an official work in 2010.
Puducherry Principal District and Sessions Judge CS Murugan also imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 on G Aneetchan, former Commissioner of Villianur Commune Panchayat.
The CBI had in 2010 registered a case against Aneetchan based on a complaint that he demanded a bribe of Rs 5,000 from the complainant for certifying trip sheets for garbage cleaning work undertaken by him in Villianur area.
Aneetchan was caught by the CBI while accepting bribe from the complainant and the cash recovered from him, a CBI release here said.
CBI had filed a charge sheet under various sections of Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch