Expelled DMK leader Alagiri meets Kanimozhi
Chennai: Expelled DMK leader and son of party patriarch M Karunanidhi, MK Alagiri, on Thursday called on his half-sister and Rajya Sabha MP Kanimozhi here.
A day after he visited his mother Dayalu Ammal when his father was away for campaigning, Alagiri met Kanimozhi at her CIT Colony residence here and was closeted with her for about an hour.
There is, however, no official word from the party, or supporters of Alagiri about the meeting.
Speculation is rife among DMK workers about the "purpose" of the meeting as supporters of both Alagiri and Kanimozhi have been "sidelined" in selection of candidates for the Lok Sabha elections while Stalin`s loyalists found place in the list of nominees without fail.
The party had on Tuesday expelled a defiant Alagiri who refused to abide by the party discipline.
Alagiri had called on his mother even as an angry Karunanidhi declared at an election rally that he would not forgive his son for his acts of defiance.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory