Expelled DMK leader Alagiri meets Kanimozhi
Chennai: Expelled DMK leader and son of party patriarch M Karunanidhi, MK Alagiri, on Thursday called on his half-sister and Rajya Sabha MP Kanimozhi here.
A day after he visited his mother Dayalu Ammal when his father was away for campaigning, Alagiri met Kanimozhi at her CIT Colony residence here and was closeted with her for about an hour.
There is, however, no official word from the party, or supporters of Alagiri about the meeting.
Speculation is rife among DMK workers about the "purpose" of the meeting as supporters of both Alagiri and Kanimozhi have been "sidelined" in selection of candidates for the Lok Sabha elections while Stalin`s loyalists found place in the list of nominees without fail.
The party had on Tuesday expelled a defiant Alagiri who refused to abide by the party discipline.
Alagiri had called on his mother even as an angry Karunanidhi declared at an election rally that he would not forgive his son for his acts of defiance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Thanks to natural forces, Antarctic temperature falls! But it's temporary
- I wanted to bat in the top seven for a long time, reveals Ravichandran Ashwin
- Ugly spat: Renuka Chowdhury reacts to Harsimrat Kaur's 'Kachra' allegation, calls it 'cheap political drama'
- Three suspects arrested in Florida for trying to join terror group ISIS
- PM Modi pays tribute to Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bal Gangadhar Tilak on birth anniversaries