Expelled DMK leader Alagiri meets Kanimozhi
Chennai: Expelled DMK leader and son of party patriarch M Karunanidhi, MK Alagiri, on Thursday called on his half-sister and Rajya Sabha MP Kanimozhi here.
A day after he visited his mother Dayalu Ammal when his father was away for campaigning, Alagiri met Kanimozhi at her CIT Colony residence here and was closeted with her for about an hour.
There is, however, no official word from the party, or supporters of Alagiri about the meeting.
Speculation is rife among DMK workers about the "purpose" of the meeting as supporters of both Alagiri and Kanimozhi have been "sidelined" in selection of candidates for the Lok Sabha elections while Stalin`s loyalists found place in the list of nominees without fail.
The party had on Tuesday expelled a defiant Alagiri who refused to abide by the party discipline.
Alagiri had called on his mother even as an angry Karunanidhi declared at an election rally that he would not forgive his son for his acts of defiance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj