Expelled DMK leader Alagiri meets Kanimozhi
Chennai: Expelled DMK leader and son of party patriarch M Karunanidhi, MK Alagiri, on Thursday called on his half-sister and Rajya Sabha MP Kanimozhi here.
A day after he visited his mother Dayalu Ammal when his father was away for campaigning, Alagiri met Kanimozhi at her CIT Colony residence here and was closeted with her for about an hour.
There is, however, no official word from the party, or supporters of Alagiri about the meeting.
Speculation is rife among DMK workers about the "purpose" of the meeting as supporters of both Alagiri and Kanimozhi have been "sidelined" in selection of candidates for the Lok Sabha elections while Stalin`s loyalists found place in the list of nominees without fail.
The party had on Tuesday expelled a defiant Alagiri who refused to abide by the party discipline.
Alagiri had called on his mother even as an angry Karunanidhi declared at an election rally that he would not forgive his son for his acts of defiance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- IIT Bombay alumnus named CEO of US firm ANSYS
- Rupee recovers 7 paise to 67.11 vs USD
- Hyundai Tucson to get 2.0-l petrol engine; no 1.6-l diesel
- Teaser of Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor's ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ is out and it is insanely entertaining!
- Victoria decides to ban fracking and coal seam gas exploration permanently