Explosion in fireworks unit kills one in TN
Pudukottai: A 42-year-old worker was killed and two others were seriously injured in a blast at a firework factory near Alangudi here, police said Thursday.
The victims were packing chemicals when the blast, caused by friction, ripped through the godown of the factory at Annanagar near Alangudi here last evening, they said.
K Muthu (42) was killed on the spot, while two persons, injured in the mishap, had been admitted to government hospitals here and neighbouring Thanjavur.
Police said the workers had not made proper arrangement before starting their work. They had strewn the explosive chemicals all around and were surrounded by the finished and unfinished fireworks items.
The entire shed was blown up in the explosion, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble