Explosion in fireworks unit kills one in TN
Pudukottai: A 42-year-old worker was killed and two others were seriously injured in a blast at a firework factory near Alangudi here, police said Thursday.
The victims were packing chemicals when the blast, caused by friction, ripped through the godown of the factory at Annanagar near Alangudi here last evening, they said.
K Muthu (42) was killed on the spot, while two persons, injured in the mishap, had been admitted to government hospitals here and neighbouring Thanjavur.
Police said the workers had not made proper arrangement before starting their work. They had strewn the explosive chemicals all around and were surrounded by the finished and unfinished fireworks items.
The entire shed was blown up in the explosion, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!