Explosion in fireworks unit kills one in TN
Pudukottai: A 42-year-old worker was killed and two others were seriously injured in a blast at a firework factory near Alangudi here, police said Thursday.
The victims were packing chemicals when the blast, caused by friction, ripped through the godown of the factory at Annanagar near Alangudi here last evening, they said.
K Muthu (42) was killed on the spot, while two persons, injured in the mishap, had been admitted to government hospitals here and neighbouring Thanjavur.
Police said the workers had not made proper arrangement before starting their work. They had strewn the explosive chemicals all around and were surrounded by the finished and unfinished fireworks items.
The entire shed was blown up in the explosion, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani