Explosion in fireworks unit kills one in TN
Pudukottai: A 42-year-old worker was killed and two others were seriously injured in a blast at a firework factory near Alangudi here, police said Thursday.
The victims were packing chemicals when the blast, caused by friction, ripped through the godown of the factory at Annanagar near Alangudi here last evening, they said.
K Muthu (42) was killed on the spot, while two persons, injured in the mishap, had been admitted to government hospitals here and neighbouring Thanjavur.
Police said the workers had not made proper arrangement before starting their work. They had strewn the explosive chemicals all around and were surrounded by the finished and unfinished fireworks items.
The entire shed was blown up in the explosion, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation