Explosive materials seized, four detained in TN
Coimbatore: In a huge haul of explosives, 2800 gelatine sticks and 1400 detonators were on Monday seized from nearby Pollachi and four persons detained in this connection, police said.
Police, during a vehicle check, stopped a three-wheeler at Kottur in rural limits and on search found the explosive materials.
There were no valid documents to carry the explosives and police detained four occupants in the vehicle who claimed that it was to be used for digging wells in the area.
They are being questioned, police added.
- VVIP chopper scam: Rahul Gandhi's aide was connected to middleman Guido Haschke, says BJP leader
- Raging Uttarakhand forest fire can melt glaciers faster, say experts
- North Korea capital gears up for congress; South fears nuclear test
- Sensex recovers over 200 points on value-buying, Asian cues
- Sony patents contact lens camera that can record videos!