Explosive materials seized in TN
Salem: In a huge haul of explosive
materials, police today seized six tonnes of aluminium nitrate
and 6,000 metres of fuse wire from a godown of a sago factory
Acting on a tip-off, a team of revenue officials, led by
Revenue Divisional Officer, Kulandaivelu, and police personnel
raided the factory at Sivathapuram locality on the city
outskirts and seized 119 bags of aluminium nitrate and coils
of fuse wire illegally stocked there.
Deputy Commissioner of Police John Nickelson said one
Surulirajan of Harur in neighbouring Dharmapuri district has
taken the factory on lease and had been making detonators for
supply to quarrying.
Police are on the lookout for Surulirajan and the factory
owner Aiyyanar who are absconding. Only a woman employee was
present in the factory when the police raided it.
Explosive experts and police were searching the area, they
said, adding they were also probing whether the detonators
were supplied to any extremist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!