Explosive materials seized in TN
Salem: In a huge haul of explosive
materials, police today seized six tonnes of aluminium nitrate
and 6,000 metres of fuse wire from a godown of a sago factory
Acting on a tip-off, a team of revenue officials, led by
Revenue Divisional Officer, Kulandaivelu, and police personnel
raided the factory at Sivathapuram locality on the city
outskirts and seized 119 bags of aluminium nitrate and coils
of fuse wire illegally stocked there.
Deputy Commissioner of Police John Nickelson said one
Surulirajan of Harur in neighbouring Dharmapuri district has
taken the factory on lease and had been making detonators for
supply to quarrying.
Police are on the lookout for Surulirajan and the factory
owner Aiyyanar who are absconding. Only a woman employee was
present in the factory when the police raided it.
Explosive experts and police were searching the area, they
said, adding they were also probing whether the detonators
were supplied to any extremist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!