Extortionists paraded in public in Mandsaur
Mandsaur: Four extortionists who had demanded Rs 50 lakh ransom from a local businessman and threatened to kidnap his son if he failed to do so, were publicly thrashed and paraded by police here.
The extortionists who had created terror in the region were caught on the basis of their cellphone locations one after another, police said today.
Police first caught Iqbal (22) following a tip-off and his mobile phone location after businessman Murtaza Bohra complained about the extortion call and threats.
Later, on information provided by Iqbal, the other three identified as Amir 21, Mazhab 30 and Haider Pathan 22 were arrested by police and paraded.
Justifying police action, Mandsaur Kotwali Police Station in-charge, R D Mishra said that police took them out in a procession and forced them to do sit-ups in public to teach them a lesson and to end their fear specially among businessmen and also to instill confidence in people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?