Extortionists paraded in public in Mandsaur
Mandsaur: Four extortionists who had demanded Rs 50 lakh ransom from a local businessman and threatened to kidnap his son if he failed to do so, were publicly thrashed and paraded by police here.
The extortionists who had created terror in the region were caught on the basis of their cellphone locations one after another, police said today.
Police first caught Iqbal (22) following a tip-off and his mobile phone location after businessman Murtaza Bohra complained about the extortion call and threats.
Later, on information provided by Iqbal, the other three identified as Amir 21, Mazhab 30 and Haider Pathan 22 were arrested by police and paraded.
Justifying police action, Mandsaur Kotwali Police Station in-charge, R D Mishra said that police took them out in a procession and forced them to do sit-ups in public to teach them a lesson and to end their fear specially among businessmen and also to instill confidence in people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH