Extortionists paraded in public in Mandsaur
Mandsaur: Four extortionists who had demanded Rs 50 lakh ransom from a local businessman and threatened to kidnap his son if he failed to do so, were publicly thrashed and paraded by police here.
The extortionists who had created terror in the region were caught on the basis of their cellphone locations one after another, police said today.
Police first caught Iqbal (22) following a tip-off and his mobile phone location after businessman Murtaza Bohra complained about the extortion call and threats.
Later, on information provided by Iqbal, the other three identified as Amir 21, Mazhab 30 and Haider Pathan 22 were arrested by police and paraded.
Justifying police action, Mandsaur Kotwali Police Station in-charge, R D Mishra said that police took them out in a procession and forced them to do sit-ups in public to teach them a lesson and to end their fear specially among businessmen and also to instill confidence in people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more