Extradited antique dealer produced in TN court
Ariyalur: Antique dealer Subhash Chandra Kapoor, extradited to India from Germany in connection with his alleged role in theft of idols from temples in the district in 2008, was on Saturday brought here and produced before a court which remanded him to judicial custody till Monday.
64-year old Kapoor, brought to Chennai from Germany by a team of Tamil Nadu police`s idol wing early today, was produced before Magistrate Rajkumar who remanded him.
A bail application moved by Kapoor`s counsel was posted for hearing on Monday. He was later taken back to Chennai for being lodged in the Central Prison in Puzhal.
The alleged fugitive, wanted by police since 2008, was nabbed by German police in October last following an Interpol red corner notice.
Police had been searching for him in connection with theft of idols from Sri Sundareswarar and Varadaraja Perumal temples in Ariyalur district in April, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement