Fake brewery sealed, five held
Dharmapuri: Police on Saturday claimed to have
unearthed a fake brewery unit at Gettur village and five persons were arrested in this connection.
Police said the Prohibition Enforcement Wing (PEW) had
intercepted a two-wheeler and found that illicit IFML bottles
were clandestinely transported from Karimangalam to Morappur
area. On interrogation, the two-wheeler rider told
police about the brewery, police said.
PEW officials sealed the unit and recovered 580 litres of
spirit, 900 bottles containing 180 ml illicit IFML and
machinery used to brew fake liquor. The value of the
seized property was estimated to be Rs three lakh.
The arrested included the unit owner and his associates
who were remanded to judicial custody today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price