Fake brewery sealed, five held
Dharmapuri: Police on Saturday claimed to have
unearthed a fake brewery unit at Gettur village and five persons were arrested in this connection.
Police said the Prohibition Enforcement Wing (PEW) had
intercepted a two-wheeler and found that illicit IFML bottles
were clandestinely transported from Karimangalam to Morappur
area. On interrogation, the two-wheeler rider told
police about the brewery, police said.
PEW officials sealed the unit and recovered 580 litres of
spirit, 900 bottles containing 180 ml illicit IFML and
machinery used to brew fake liquor. The value of the
seized property was estimated to be Rs three lakh.
The arrested included the unit owner and his associates
who were remanded to judicial custody today.
- DNA: 7-year-old girl from Bandipora praises Indian Army; shames people running Kashmir agenda
- DNA: Today in History | April 28, 2016
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Watch: NASA's Curiosity Mars rover crosses rugged plateau!
- IPL 2016: Usman Khawaja comes in for injured Faf du Plessis for Rising Pune Sunrisers
- Tragic! Girl cracks IIT-JEE but kills herself as she didn’t want to be engineer
- Roger Federer signs up for Madrid Masters
- Cash is not always king: FIFA chief Gianni Infantino hails Leicester `fairytale`