Fake brewery sealed, five held
Dharmapuri: Police on Saturday claimed to have
unearthed a fake brewery unit at Gettur village and five persons were arrested in this connection.
Police said the Prohibition Enforcement Wing (PEW) had
intercepted a two-wheeler and found that illicit IFML bottles
were clandestinely transported from Karimangalam to Morappur
area. On interrogation, the two-wheeler rider told
police about the brewery, police said.
PEW officials sealed the unit and recovered 580 litres of
spirit, 900 bottles containing 180 ml illicit IFML and
machinery used to brew fake liquor. The value of the
seized property was estimated to be Rs three lakh.
The arrested included the unit owner and his associates
who were remanded to judicial custody today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Euro 2016: Roy Hodgson didn't expect England exit so early in the tournament
- Kazakhstan beats Thailand in race for Asian seat on Security Council
- The human body refreshes itself every seven years! - Watch video
- UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn refuses to resign after losing confidence vote
- Serena Williams, Andy Murray cruise at rain-lashed Wimbledon