Fake currency notes seized in Madurai
Madurai: Fake currency notes with a face
value of Rs 16,500 were found in the currency bundles sent
from here to the Reserve Bank of India recently, police said
Police said the counterfeit notes in the denominations of
Rs 10, Rs 500, and Rs 1000 had been sent from Tamilnad
Mercantile Bank, State Bank of India, Corporation Bank and
Indian Overseas Bank.
The RBI Manager (Chennai), Kumarakutti, had lodged a
complaint with the City Police Commissioner in this regard.
Police have suggested various measures to keep a watch on
the staff as well as customers to prevent circulation of fake
notes through banks, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees