Fake currency with face value of Rs 2,300 seized in Namakkal
Namakkal: Fake currency with a face value of Rs 2,300 was seized from a farmer and his assistant at Aravankadu, police said.
Four notes in denomination of Rs 500 and three of Rs 100 were seized from them late last night, they said.
Police said the farmer purchased a laser colour xerox machine and experimented with making counterfeit notes at his home. The duo later went to a state run liquor shop and purchased drinks. However repeated visits to the shop aroused the suspicion of the salesman, who informed police.
The two were arrested and produced before a magistrate at Rasipuram, who remanded them to 15 days custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video