Fallout of Cauvery water row to figure in CPI state meet
Coimbatore: The fallout of the Cauvery water row between Tamil Nadu and Karnataka and the acute power crisis facing the state would be among issues to be discussed at CPI`s three-day State Executive, which began here on Friday, party state secretary D Pandian said.
He said stoppage of water release by Karnataka,despite the Supreme Court directive to abide by Cauvery River Authority ruling ordering release of 9000 cusecs to Tamil Nadu and union minister S M Krishna`s letter to the Prime Minister to stop it was condemnable and goes against sovereignty of India and affect cordial relations between people of two States.
In this background, the executive would discuss the issue threadbare and chalk out the party`s strategy, he said.
The executive would also discuss the acute power crisis which has affected lakhs of workers and their livelihood, he said.
Another major issue would be alleged police high handedness in the State, particularly with regard to some cases (without referring to party`s Thally MLA, Ramachandran, facing charges of murder and mining cases) Pandian said.
Senior party leader A B Bardhan would address the meeting tomorrow, where he would brief members of the decision taken recently by the Central Committee, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic