Fallout of Cauvery water row to figure in CPI state meet
Coimbatore: The fallout of the Cauvery water row between Tamil Nadu and Karnataka and the acute power crisis facing the state would be among issues to be discussed at CPI`s three-day State Executive, which began here on Friday, party state secretary D Pandian said.
He said stoppage of water release by Karnataka,despite the Supreme Court directive to abide by Cauvery River Authority ruling ordering release of 9000 cusecs to Tamil Nadu and union minister S M Krishna`s letter to the Prime Minister to stop it was condemnable and goes against sovereignty of India and affect cordial relations between people of two States.
In this background, the executive would discuss the issue threadbare and chalk out the party`s strategy, he said.
The executive would also discuss the acute power crisis which has affected lakhs of workers and their livelihood, he said.
Another major issue would be alleged police high handedness in the State, particularly with regard to some cases (without referring to party`s Thally MLA, Ramachandran, facing charges of murder and mining cases) Pandian said.
Senior party leader A B Bardhan would address the meeting tomorrow, where he would brief members of the decision taken recently by the Central Committee, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened