Farmer commits suicide in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: Faced with financial burden due to crop failure, a 51-year-old farmer has allegedly committed suicide in Tirupur district here, police said on Tuesday.
Subramani committed suicide by consuming pesticides last night near Palladam, they said.
He was in deep financial problem due to crop failure and also received notice from a bank for not repaying loan, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Demi Lovato sued for copyright infringement
- Washed out Tests: ICC sanctions loom over 'poor' outfields at Kingsmead, Queen's Park Oval
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly ratifies GST Bill
- Haryana CM forgets PV Sindhu’s name, says she’s from Karnataka: Report
- Scarlett Keeling's death caused by external forces, claims defence