Farmer, wife electrocuted in TN

In a rain-related tragedy, a middle-aged couple were electrocuted while removing clothes drying on a wire tied to a street lamp post at a village near here Wednesday.

Salem: In a rain-related tragedy, a middle-aged couple were electrocuted while removing clothes drying on a wire tied to a street lamp post at a village near here Wednesday.

As it started raining, 40-year-old Chellakannu, a farmer, rushed out of his hut at P N Patti and attempted to remove clothes drying on the wire, when he suffered the electric shock, police said.

Hearing his screams, his wife Kalaivani attempted to rescue him but she too was electrocuted, police said, adding both died on spot.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close