Farmers` plea to PM on Cauvery issue
Tiruchirappalli: Various Cauvery Farmers` Associations of Delta districts have appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to publish the final notification for implementing the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal award in the gazette.
They assured all cooperation to Chief Minister Jayalalithaa in her efforts in this regard.
The Associations also appealed to former chief minister M Karunanidhi to urge Singh to gazette the final notification as it was during his tenure the tribunal was constituted.
A meeting of the Associations held here last evening also decided to send a delegation to meet the Prime Minster if the Chief Minister wanted them to do so.
The farmers expressed anguish over Karnataka political leaders deciding to go on a delegation to meet the Prime Minister to plead against issuing of final notification by this month-end for implementing the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal award.
Meanwhile, PR Pandian, State Council member of the Tamil Nadu Vivasayigal Sangam, told newsmen that unless two wettings were done immediately, crops in various districts could not be saved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister