Farmers` plea to PM on Cauvery issue
Tiruchirappalli: Various Cauvery Farmers` Associations of Delta districts have appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to publish the final notification for implementing the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal award in the gazette.
They assured all cooperation to Chief Minister Jayalalithaa in her efforts in this regard.
The Associations also appealed to former chief minister M Karunanidhi to urge Singh to gazette the final notification as it was during his tenure the tribunal was constituted.
A meeting of the Associations held here last evening also decided to send a delegation to meet the Prime Minster if the Chief Minister wanted them to do so.
The farmers expressed anguish over Karnataka political leaders deciding to go on a delegation to meet the Prime Minister to plead against issuing of final notification by this month-end for implementing the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal award.
Meanwhile, PR Pandian, State Council member of the Tamil Nadu Vivasayigal Sangam, told newsmen that unless two wettings were done immediately, crops in various districts could not be saved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145