Father has the right to give his child in adoption: HC
Madurai: The Madurai bench of the Madras High Court on Friday ruled that a father has a right to give his child in adoption.
A division bench comprising Justice S Tamilvanan and Justice VS Ravi, rejecting the plea of the child`s grand mother, held that father is the legal guardian of the child after the death of her mother.
The child`s father had given her in adoption to a couple and she was being taken care of by them, the bench said.
The grand parents of the child had become old and they would not be able to take care of the child properly. The adopted parents were taking good care of the child, the judges said dismissing a petition filed by the grandmother against the kid`s father`s decision.
The grandmother submitted that her daughter Shanti was married to one Ramalingam a few years ago. The couple had a son and a daughter. After the birth of the daughter, Shanthi died.
The grandmother said Ramalingam refused to give his seven month old daughter to her.
Ramalingam told the court said that he had given his daughter in adoption to a couple who did not have children. The adoption had been formally registered and they were taking care of the child, he said.
The child also wanted to be with the adopted parents, Ramalingam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks