Father held for female infanticide in Tamil Nadu
Dharmapuri: A 30-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday for killing his 22-day-old daughter, police said.
R Madhaiyan and Mala, residents of Pennagaram taluk in the district, already have three girls aged eight, seven and two, police said.
Mala gave birth to another girl child at Government Head Quarters Hospital in Pennagaram on June 03.
Disappointed over this, Madhaiyan, a labourer, poisoned the newborn leading to her death on Tuesday. The family members buried the body on the pretext that the baby had died due to an illness, police said.
Suspicious villagers informed the police and they exhumed the body. This was sent for a postmortem in which it was found that the child was poisoned.
After an inquiry, Madhaiyan was arrested and charges under various sections of the IPC, including murder, were framed against him.
Police said though Madhaiyan had earlier made attempts to kill the child, it was prevented by Mala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Baadshaho' begins shoot!
- Nitish Kumar seeks PM Modi's help to desilt Ganga, says feel like crying at river's condition in Bihar
- INSIDE DELHI METRO: Is this what happens to men who enter ladies coach? WATCH
- Gujarat Assembly ratifies GST Bill unanimously
- Ketan Mehta awaits 'official' word on heading India's Oscar jury