Father of main accused in SI murder case seeks CBI probe
Madurai: Describing the shooting to death of his son on November 30 as a `fake encounter`, the father of one of the main accused in the murder of a Sub-Inspector on Saturday sought a direction to transfer the case to CBI for detailed investigation and sought compensation for the death.
In his petition before Madras High Court Bench,the father of Prabhu`s also sought to transfer to CBI the case filed by police, stating that his son had escaped from custody while on transit to the Court.
He sought compensation for his son`s murder in the `fake encounter` by Deputy Superintendent of Police Velladurai and demanded compensation from him as also for `damage` to their house by his team, who reportedly took away cash and jewels.
He claimed his son had surrendered and cooperated in the investigation and was escorted by Armed Reserve Police and hence there was no chance of him escaping from custody.
Justice R Subbiah, after hearing arguments, ordered the case to be transferred to the Division Bench, where a PIL on the issue is pending.
On Nov 30, Prabhu and the other accused escaped from custody and were shot dead when they allegedly tried to attack police personnel who were searching for them.
They were intercepted at Kaalpirivu village near Manamadurai, 15-km from where they escaped earlier while being taken to court in Sivaganga district from Central prison here.
SI Allwyn Sudan was stabbed to death in Sivaganga district by a group of youths on October 27 when he asked them to take an alternative route while they were on their way to attend the death anniversary of the Maruthupandiyar brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical