Father of main accused in SI murder case seeks CBI probe
Madurai: Describing the shooting to death of his son on November 30 as a `fake encounter`, the father of one of the main accused in the murder of a Sub-Inspector on Saturday sought a direction to transfer the case to CBI for detailed investigation and sought compensation for the death.
In his petition before Madras High Court Bench,the father of Prabhu`s also sought to transfer to CBI the case filed by police, stating that his son had escaped from custody while on transit to the Court.
He sought compensation for his son`s murder in the `fake encounter` by Deputy Superintendent of Police Velladurai and demanded compensation from him as also for `damage` to their house by his team, who reportedly took away cash and jewels.
He claimed his son had surrendered and cooperated in the investigation and was escorted by Armed Reserve Police and hence there was no chance of him escaping from custody.
Justice R Subbiah, after hearing arguments, ordered the case to be transferred to the Division Bench, where a PIL on the issue is pending.
On Nov 30, Prabhu and the other accused escaped from custody and were shot dead when they allegedly tried to attack police personnel who were searching for them.
They were intercepted at Kaalpirivu village near Manamadurai, 15-km from where they escaped earlier while being taken to court in Sivaganga district from Central prison here.
SI Allwyn Sudan was stabbed to death in Sivaganga district by a group of youths on October 27 when he asked them to take an alternative route while they were on their way to attend the death anniversary of the Maruthupandiyar brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say