Fee structure issue: HC fixes Nov 29 for final hearing
Chennai: The Madras High Court will take
up for final hearing on November 29, a batch of petitions
challenging the "individual fee structure" fixed by a
state-appointed committee for all private unaided schools in
Yesterday, Justice K B K Vasuki had stayed the
operation of the new fees structure with immediate effect.
When the matter came up today, state Additional
Advocate General P Wilson submitted that the interim stay had
created confusion in the minds of parents.
Seeking an early hearing of the petition, he contended
that the state government would file its counter and that the
petitioners should also file a reply.
When he wanted to know what would be the position in
the event of the petitions being dismissed, the Judge pointed
out that interim orders in all writ petitions were subject to
the outcome of the main petition.
If both sides agreed, there would be no difficulty in
fixing a date for hearing the petition, the Judge said and
fixed November 29 as the date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?