Fee structure issue: HC fixes Nov 29 for final hearing
Chennai: The Madras High Court will take
up for final hearing on November 29, a batch of petitions
challenging the "individual fee structure" fixed by a
state-appointed committee for all private unaided schools in
Yesterday, Justice K B K Vasuki had stayed the
operation of the new fees structure with immediate effect.
When the matter came up today, state Additional
Advocate General P Wilson submitted that the interim stay had
created confusion in the minds of parents.
Seeking an early hearing of the petition, he contended
that the state government would file its counter and that the
petitioners should also file a reply.
When he wanted to know what would be the position in
the event of the petitions being dismissed, the Judge pointed
out that interim orders in all writ petitions were subject to
the outcome of the main petition.
If both sides agreed, there would be no difficulty in
fixing a date for hearing the petition, the Judge said and
fixed November 29 as the date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’