Ferry service to Vivekananda rock resumes
Kanyakumari: With the seas turning calm after a 10 day gap, the ferry service to Vivekananda rock and Tiruvalluvar statue resumed Wednesday, officials said.
The service was stopped on January 6 as seas turned rough.
Officials said a large number of tourists had gathered here today to ferry them to the spots in view of `Kaanum Pongal, the last day of the Pongal festival.
They said the continuous flow of tourists would not affect renovation work which would soon be taken up at Tiruvalluvar statue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!