Ferry service to Vivekananda rock resumes
Kanyakumari: With the seas turning calm after a 10 day gap, the ferry service to Vivekananda rock and Tiruvalluvar statue resumed Wednesday, officials said.
The service was stopped on January 6 as seas turned rough.
Officials said a large number of tourists had gathered here today to ferry them to the spots in view of `Kaanum Pongal, the last day of the Pongal festival.
They said the continuous flow of tourists would not affect renovation work which would soon be taken up at Tiruvalluvar statue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Vehicles near Ice House Police Station set on fire; Tamil Nadu govt to table bill on bull-taming sport at 5 pm
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog