Ferry service to Vivekananda rock resumes
Kanyakumari: With the seas turning calm after a 10 day gap, the ferry service to Vivekananda rock and Tiruvalluvar statue resumed Wednesday, officials said.
The service was stopped on January 6 as seas turned rough.
Officials said a large number of tourists had gathered here today to ferry them to the spots in view of `Kaanum Pongal, the last day of the Pongal festival.
They said the continuous flow of tourists would not affect renovation work which would soon be taken up at Tiruvalluvar statue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!