Ferry service to Vivekananda rock resumes
Kanyakumari: With the seas turning calm after a 10 day gap, the ferry service to Vivekananda rock and Tiruvalluvar statue resumed Wednesday, officials said.
The service was stopped on January 6 as seas turned rough.
Officials said a large number of tourists had gathered here today to ferry them to the spots in view of `Kaanum Pongal, the last day of the Pongal festival.
They said the continuous flow of tourists would not affect renovation work which would soon be taken up at Tiruvalluvar statue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'