Ferry service to Vivekananda rock resumes
Kanyakumari: With the seas turning calm after a 10 day gap, the ferry service to Vivekananda rock and Tiruvalluvar statue resumed Wednesday, officials said.
The service was stopped on January 6 as seas turned rough.
Officials said a large number of tourists had gathered here today to ferry them to the spots in view of `Kaanum Pongal, the last day of the Pongal festival.
They said the continuous flow of tourists would not affect renovation work which would soon be taken up at Tiruvalluvar statue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader