Fifty injured during Jallikattu
Madurai: About 50 persons, including bull tamers and spectators, were injured in the Jallikattu (taming of the bull) event conducted at nearby Sakkudi as part of a temple festival here on Sunday, police said.
Few persons who sustained serious injuries have been admitted to hospital, police said.
More than 600 bulls participated in the event.
The winners were given prizes by Tamil Nadu Jallikattu Federation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America