Fifty injured during Jallikattu
Madurai: About 50 persons, including bull tamers and spectators, were injured in the Jallikattu (taming of the bull) event conducted at nearby Sakkudi as part of a temple festival here on Sunday, police said.
Few persons who sustained serious injuries have been admitted to hospital, police said.
More than 600 bulls participated in the event.
The winners were given prizes by Tamil Nadu Jallikattu Federation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family