Fifty injured during Jallikattu
Madurai: About 50 persons, including bull tamers and spectators, were injured in the Jallikattu (taming of the bull) event conducted at nearby Sakkudi as part of a temple festival here on Sunday, police said.
Few persons who sustained serious injuries have been admitted to hospital, police said.
More than 600 bulls participated in the event.
The winners were given prizes by Tamil Nadu Jallikattu Federation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights