Film stars appear before court as witnesses
Chennai: Tamil film stars Arjun, Gowthami and
Vinu Chakkaravarthi appeared before a designated CBI court
here today as prosecution witnesses in a bank fraud case in
connection with the film `Agni Valayam`.
The actors alongwith music Director Ilayaraja were cited
as witnesses by the investigating agency, in a case registered
against the proprieter of Sudha International Films
Sundarambal for his failure to return a bank loan of Rs four
lakh taken by him from the Indian Bank in 1988 for the film.
Besides Sundarambal, the CBI had registered cases against
the Branch Manager and Regional Manager of the bank.
Deposing before the special judge for CBI bank fraud
cases, S Rangaraj, the actors claimed they had no knowledge
about the loan and their names had been misused by the
The judge has posted the matter to October one for further
hearing, when Ilayaraja is expected to depose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you