Film stars appear before court as witnesses
Chennai: Tamil film stars Arjun, Gowthami and
Vinu Chakkaravarthi appeared before a designated CBI court
here today as prosecution witnesses in a bank fraud case in
connection with the film `Agni Valayam`.
The actors alongwith music Director Ilayaraja were cited
as witnesses by the investigating agency, in a case registered
against the proprieter of Sudha International Films
Sundarambal for his failure to return a bank loan of Rs four
lakh taken by him from the Indian Bank in 1988 for the film.
Besides Sundarambal, the CBI had registered cases against
the Branch Manager and Regional Manager of the bank.
Deposing before the special judge for CBI bank fraud
cases, S Rangaraj, the actors claimed they had no knowledge
about the loan and their names had been misused by the
The judge has posted the matter to October one for further
hearing, when Ilayaraja is expected to depose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city