Financial assistance to poor in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: Five students belonging to weaker
sections were given financial assistance totally worth about
Rs 80,000 by police department to continue their education.
City Police Commissioner Amaresh Pujari handed over demand
drafts worth Rs 79,900 to them yesterday, a release said today.
Financial assistance of Rs 13,000 was also handed over to a
26-year-old girl for heart treatment, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother