Financial assistance to poor in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: Five students belonging to weaker
sections were given financial assistance totally worth about
Rs 80,000 by police department to continue their education.
City Police Commissioner Amaresh Pujari handed over demand
drafts worth Rs 79,900 to them yesterday, a release said today.
Financial assistance of Rs 13,000 was also handed over to a
26-year-old girl for heart treatment, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh