Find solution to Kashmir problem without politicising it :Gowda
Udhagamandalam: Former prime minister H D Deve Gowda on Monday said government should make efforts to find a solution to the Kashmir problem without politicising it.
Terming the issue as a national problem, the Janata Dal (Secular) leader said that he had met Hurriyat leaders five times to find a solution, when he was Prime Minister.
"Without giving a political colour, all should make efforts to solve the issue permanently," Gowda said. On the Cauvery water dispute, Gowda said it was the biggest problem for Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
Both sides should sit and talk and find a solution, he said. Gowda said he did not want to make any comment on the Hogenakkal drinking water scheme, another water-related problem between two States, as it was pending in Court.
On the allegations of mismanagement and corruption rocking the Commonwealth Games, he said it was a national shame, lowering the country`s prestige. Referring to the spectrum scam and the Ayodha title suit verdict issues, Gowda said the matter was before the court.
Asked about the future plans of his party in Tamil Nadu, Gowda said he will meet AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa by this month end or early next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Weight gain in teens linked to low hormone levels
- 6.4 magnitude undersea quake rocks Fiji
- China pushes `patriotic` tours in South China Sea: Report
- `Inexcusable errors` by Australia TV crew in Beirut kidnap
- Drop everything and watch out for John, Varun & Jacqueline starrer 'Dishoom's logo! Pic Inside