FIR by Tamil Nadu police against IPS trainee
Chennai: The Madras High Court was on Friday informed that the anti-dowry cell of Tamil Nadu police had registered an FIR against an IPS trainee for offences under various IPC sections, Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Harassment of Women Act and Information Technology Act.
When a petition from a young city woman seeking a directive to police to register a case against the trainee on her complaint came up for hearing before Justice S Nagamuthu, Additional Public Prosecutor M Maharaja said an FIR had been registered against the trainee and his parents on April 26.
Recording the submission, the Judge dismissed the petition as `infructuous`.
In her complaint of Dec 9 last year to the City Police Commissioner, the woman submitted that the trainee had cheated her after having an affair with her. The man had been introducing her to others as his fiancee and promised to marry her, she claimed.
However, after successfully appearing for the IPS exam and becoming a trainee, his attitude and that of his parents changed and they allegedly demanded a huge dowry knowing full well that her parents could not meet the demand.
She prayed for appropriate action against the man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch