FIR, only to settle political scores: Stalin
Chennai: DMK leader M K Stalin, against whom
a case of criminal intimidation was registered by police,
today said the action by the Jayalalithaa government was only
to "settle political scores".
Dismissing the complaint as "baseless", Stalin, son of
DMK chief M Karunanidhi, petitioned the Director General of
Police, saying he has "absolutely no connection with the case
in whatsoever manner."
The Central Crime Branch of Chennai Police yesterday
registered an FIR against Stalin, his son Udhayanidhi and four
others for allegedly threatening a person to sell his property
in a prime locality at a lesser price.
The case was registered following a complaint by one N S
Kumar on November 29, alleging that one of Stalin`s aides had
forced him to sell his property at Chittaranjan Das Road at
Teynampet area after getting the tenants to vacate it under
Stalin said his son had entered into a rental agreement
with the present owner of the property through his company.
"There is no nexus with the complainant, the complaint is
only to tarnish my image and reputation in the eyes of the
general public," Stalin, a former Deputy Chief Minister, said.
Alleging that police machinery was being "misused and
abused" by persons in power in order to settle political
scores, he said, "The present case is registered in such a
manner with mala fide intention."
Stalin also charged the police department with acting as
a "tool of the ruling AIADMK dispensation."
He also alleged that Chief Minister Jayalalithaa owned
two "unlawfully occupied properties" in Kodanaadu and
Siruthavur, but till date, no case of landgrabbing has been
registered in these cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur