Fire destroys 10 acres of reserve forest in Udhagamandalam
Udhagamandalam: At least 10 acres of reserve forest in Arembi area here, comprising eucalyptus and wattle trees, were destroyed in a fire, police said.
The fire, suspected to be man-made, was first noticed by some people at around 10.30 AM and spread quickly, fanned by strong winds.
Forest department officials and police rushed to the spot and doused the flames after about three and half hours, they said.
The official residence of the District Collector and Tamizhagam, a VVIP Bungalow area is in the vicinity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users