Fire in hospital`s ICU in Tamil Nadu
Ramanathapuram: A fire broke out at the Intensive Care unit (Burn injuries) of the District Government Headquarters hospital here on Friday but none was injured, officials said.
Electrical short circuit in the airconditioner unit of the ward caused the fire, they said.
As the fire spread fast, patients in the ward were shifted immediately.
Major damage to the equipment in the unit has been averted due to the timely intervention of the fire department personnel who doused the blaze in a short span, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani