Fire in hospital`s ICU in Tamil Nadu
Ramanathapuram: A fire broke out at the Intensive Care unit (Burn injuries) of the District Government Headquarters hospital here on Friday but none was injured, officials said.
Electrical short circuit in the airconditioner unit of the ward caused the fire, they said.
As the fire spread fast, patients in the ward were shifted immediately.
Major damage to the equipment in the unit has been averted due to the timely intervention of the fire department personnel who doused the blaze in a short span, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore