Fire in stationary train drives passengers to jump off
Tiruchirappalli (TN): A fire in an electric cable junction in a train bound here prompted the passengers to jump off it when it was waiting on the outskirts of the city junction on Saturday, officials said.
However, the driver of the Karaikudi-Tiruchirappalli Passenger immediately switched off the power supply and put out the fire using fire extinguisher, they said.
The passengers noticed smoke from the cable junction between the third and fourth coach when the train was waitng for signal and gripped by panic they jumped off the train. None was injured.
Officials said the link had not been properly insulated and the rain water got stagnated leading to a short circuit.
The railway police conducted an inquiry. The train reached here after a delay of about 30 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Cotton, bamboo blends best summer fabrics for children!
- Indian sharp shooter Ayonika Paul gears up for the upcoming Rio Olympics
- Revealed - Why mitochondria is passed to offspring only through mother!
- GST Bill: World knows which party is running away from debate in Parliament, says PM Modi
- Watch: Salman Khan's 'Sultan' title track packs quite a punch!