Fire in stationary train drives passengers to jump off
Tiruchirappalli (TN): A fire in an electric cable junction in a train bound here prompted the passengers to jump off it when it was waiting on the outskirts of the city junction on Saturday, officials said.
However, the driver of the Karaikudi-Tiruchirappalli Passenger immediately switched off the power supply and put out the fire using fire extinguisher, they said.
The passengers noticed smoke from the cable junction between the third and fourth coach when the train was waitng for signal and gripped by panic they jumped off the train. None was injured.
Officials said the link had not been properly insulated and the rain water got stagnated leading to a short circuit.
The railway police conducted an inquiry. The train reached here after a delay of about 30 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM