First flight for Haj pilgrims from TN on Oct 6
Kumbakonam: The first flight for Haj-bound pilgrims from Tamil Nadu will commence on October 6 this year, Haj Committee of India Vice Chairman, A.Aboobucker said on Sunday.
Besides having MRT train facility to Mecca, Haj pilgrims from the country would be provided with a Saudi Arabia telecom SIM card free of cost this year, he told reporters here.
The number of applications is increasing every year, he said, adding that a condition has been imposed that a person cannot apply again for Haj pilgrimage within five years of his visit.
"The quota is at 1,75,000 but applications received are more than eight lakh," he said.
He also appealed to the state government to set up a Haj house for accommodating and providing assistance to those bound for the pilgrimage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley