First flight for Haj pilgrims from TN on Oct 6
Kumbakonam: The first flight for Haj-bound pilgrims from Tamil Nadu will commence on October 6 this year, Haj Committee of India Vice Chairman, A.Aboobucker said on Sunday.
Besides having MRT train facility to Mecca, Haj pilgrims from the country would be provided with a Saudi Arabia telecom SIM card free of cost this year, he told reporters here.
The number of applications is increasing every year, he said, adding that a condition has been imposed that a person cannot apply again for Haj pilgrimage within five years of his visit.
"The quota is at 1,75,000 but applications received are more than eight lakh," he said.
He also appealed to the state government to set up a Haj house for accommodating and providing assistance to those bound for the pilgrimage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why