First flight for Haj pilgrims from TN on Oct 6
Kumbakonam: The first flight for Haj-bound pilgrims from Tamil Nadu will commence on October 6 this year, Haj Committee of India Vice Chairman, A.Aboobucker said on Sunday.
Besides having MRT train facility to Mecca, Haj pilgrims from the country would be provided with a Saudi Arabia telecom SIM card free of cost this year, he told reporters here.
The number of applications is increasing every year, he said, adding that a condition has been imposed that a person cannot apply again for Haj pilgrimage within five years of his visit.
"The quota is at 1,75,000 but applications received are more than eight lakh," he said.
He also appealed to the state government to set up a Haj house for accommodating and providing assistance to those bound for the pilgrimage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’