First flood warning issued in Madurai, Theni
Madurai: The Madurai and Theni District
administrations today issued first flood warning after the
water level in the Vaigai dam reached 66 feet (maximum
capacity l71 ft) on Wednesday.
The inflow in the dam was 5,149 cusecs and the discharge
from the dam was maintained at 1,260 cusecs.
The Periyar dam level stood at 126.50 feet (maximum
capacity 136 ft). The inflow into the dam was 4,079 cusecs and
the discharge from the dam was 438 cusecs.
The rainfall recorded was 17 mm in Periyar, 99 mm in
Thekkady, 23mm in Shanmuganathi, 33mm in Veerapandi, 55mm in
Peranai and 27 mm in Vadipatti and Andipatti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Spellers from Texas, New York state battle to tie in US Spelling Bee
- Have given corruption free govt: Amit Shah on 2 years of Modi raj
- Raghuram Rajan's reappointment as RBI Governor should not be of media's interest: PM Modi
- Can a car headrest be a rescue tool in emergency?
- Peace is a two-way street, remove self-imposed obstacle of terrorism: PM Modi tells Pakistan