First flood warning issued in Madurai, Theni
Madurai: The Madurai and Theni District
administrations today issued first flood warning after the
water level in the Vaigai dam reached 66 feet (maximum
capacity l71 ft) on Wednesday.
The inflow in the dam was 5,149 cusecs and the discharge
from the dam was maintained at 1,260 cusecs.
The Periyar dam level stood at 126.50 feet (maximum
capacity 136 ft). The inflow into the dam was 4,079 cusecs and
the discharge from the dam was 438 cusecs.
The rainfall recorded was 17 mm in Periyar, 99 mm in
Thekkady, 23mm in Shanmuganathi, 33mm in Veerapandi, 55mm in
Peranai and 27 mm in Vadipatti and Andipatti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why