First flood warning issued in Madurai, Theni
Madurai: The Madurai and Theni District
administrations today issued first flood warning after the
water level in the Vaigai dam reached 66 feet (maximum
capacity l71 ft) on Wednesday.
The inflow in the dam was 5,149 cusecs and the discharge
from the dam was maintained at 1,260 cusecs.
The Periyar dam level stood at 126.50 feet (maximum
capacity 136 ft). The inflow into the dam was 4,079 cusecs and
the discharge from the dam was 438 cusecs.
The rainfall recorded was 17 mm in Periyar, 99 mm in
Thekkady, 23mm in Shanmuganathi, 33mm in Veerapandi, 55mm in
Peranai and 27 mm in Vadipatti and Andipatti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?