First flood warning issued in Madurai, Theni
Madurai: The Madurai and Theni District
administrations today issued first flood warning after the
water level in the Vaigai dam reached 66 feet (maximum
capacity l71 ft) on Wednesday.
The inflow in the dam was 5,149 cusecs and the discharge
from the dam was maintained at 1,260 cusecs.
The Periyar dam level stood at 126.50 feet (maximum
capacity 136 ft). The inflow into the dam was 4,079 cusecs and
the discharge from the dam was 438 cusecs.
The rainfall recorded was 17 mm in Periyar, 99 mm in
Thekkady, 23mm in Shanmuganathi, 33mm in Veerapandi, 55mm in
Peranai and 27 mm in Vadipatti and Andipatti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location