First flood warning issued in Madurai, Theni
Madurai: The Madurai and Theni District
administrations today issued first flood warning after the
water level in the Vaigai dam reached 66 feet (maximum
capacity l71 ft) on Wednesday.
The inflow in the dam was 5,149 cusecs and the discharge
from the dam was maintained at 1,260 cusecs.
The Periyar dam level stood at 126.50 feet (maximum
capacity 136 ft). The inflow into the dam was 4,079 cusecs and
the discharge from the dam was 438 cusecs.
The rainfall recorded was 17 mm in Periyar, 99 mm in
Thekkady, 23mm in Shanmuganathi, 33mm in Veerapandi, 55mm in
Peranai and 27 mm in Vadipatti and Andipatti.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'