Fisherman injured in attack by Lankan personnel
Rameswaram: A fisherman was injured and a boat damaged when Sri Lankan navalmen allegedly attacked some local fishermen who were fishing near Katchatheevu, an islet in the Palk Strait, officials said on Tuesday.
The Lankan naval personnel reportedly cut the fishing nets of 15 boats and pelted stones and bottles at the fishermen around mid-night yesterday, officials said.
The injured fisherman is being brought back to shore, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video