Fisherman killing: TN govt gives compensation
Rameswaram: The Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday handed over Rs 50,000 each to the families of the three fishermen, who were injured when a US Naval ship opened fire at their small boat off the coast of Dubai.
Rameswaram district Tahsildhar Dharmaraj handedover a cheque for Rs 50,000 to the wife of injured fisherman Muthu Muniaraj, official sources said.
Cheques to similar amounts were handed over to wife of Muthkannan and mother of Panbaganathan by Ramanathapuram Sub Collector.
Sekhar, a Tamil Nadu fisherman, was killed and three others were seriously wounded when the US ship opened fire in Jabel Ali, a frequent docking point for American naval vessels about 30 miles southwest of Dubai on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi