Fisherman killing: TN govt gives compensation
Rameswaram: The Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday handed over Rs 50,000 each to the families of the three fishermen, who were injured when a US Naval ship opened fire at their small boat off the coast of Dubai.
Rameswaram district Tahsildhar Dharmaraj handedover a cheque for Rs 50,000 to the wife of injured fisherman Muthu Muniaraj, official sources said.
Cheques to similar amounts were handed over to wife of Muthkannan and mother of Panbaganathan by Ramanathapuram Sub Collector.
Sekhar, a Tamil Nadu fisherman, was killed and three others were seriously wounded when the US ship opened fire in Jabel Ali, a frequent docking point for American naval vessels about 30 miles southwest of Dubai on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon