Fisherman killing: TN govt gives compensation
Rameswaram: The Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday handed over Rs 50,000 each to the families of the three fishermen, who were injured when a US Naval ship opened fire at their small boat off the coast of Dubai.
Rameswaram district Tahsildhar Dharmaraj handedover a cheque for Rs 50,000 to the wife of injured fisherman Muthu Muniaraj, official sources said.
Cheques to similar amounts were handed over to wife of Muthkannan and mother of Panbaganathan by Ramanathapuram Sub Collector.
Sekhar, a Tamil Nadu fisherman, was killed and three others were seriously wounded when the US ship opened fire in Jabel Ali, a frequent docking point for American naval vessels about 30 miles southwest of Dubai on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey