Fisherman killing: TN govt gives compensation
Rameswaram: The Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday handed over Rs 50,000 each to the families of the three fishermen, who were injured when a US Naval ship opened fire at their small boat off the coast of Dubai.
Rameswaram district Tahsildhar Dharmaraj handedover a cheque for Rs 50,000 to the wife of injured fisherman Muthu Muniaraj, official sources said.
Cheques to similar amounts were handed over to wife of Muthkannan and mother of Panbaganathan by Ramanathapuram Sub Collector.
Sekhar, a Tamil Nadu fisherman, was killed and three others were seriously wounded when the US ship opened fire in Jabel Ali, a frequent docking point for American naval vessels about 30 miles southwest of Dubai on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official