Fisherman shot: Karuna writes to PM seeking action
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi on Thursday sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s personal intervention for a firm action to put an end to Sri Lankan Navy`s firing on Indian fishermen.
In a telegram to the Prime Minister, Karunanidhi said the atrocities of Sri Lankan Navy on the fishermen were continuing unabated despite repeated assurances given by the Centre and Sri Lankan governments that such incidents would not recur.
Drawing the attention of Prime Minister on the killing of a fisherman from Nagapattinam who was fishing in the Palk Straits yesterday, Karunanidhi said the incident should be taken up with the Sri Lankan Government for immediate action
against those responsible for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress