Fishermen clash at coastal village near Kundankulam nuke plant
Tirunelveli: Two groups of fishermen clashed using country bombs at the coastal village of Idinthakarai near Kundankulam Nuclear Power plant, but none was injured, police said.
They said the clash erupted over the area of fishing and anchoring of boats. No fisherman was injured as none of the country bombs exploded, they said.
Police said additional reinforcements had been sent to the village to monitor the situation.
On November 26, five persons, including a woman and three minor children, were killed in a bomb explosion in a colony in the village.
Police had later raided the colony and seized a large quantity of country bombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?