Fishermen clash at coastal village near Kundankulam nuke plant
Tirunelveli: Two groups of fishermen clashed using country bombs at the coastal village of Idinthakarai near Kundankulam Nuclear Power plant, but none was injured, police said.
They said the clash erupted over the area of fishing and anchoring of boats. No fisherman was injured as none of the country bombs exploded, they said.
Police said additional reinforcements had been sent to the village to monitor the situation.
On November 26, five persons, including a woman and three minor children, were killed in a bomb explosion in a colony in the village.
Police had later raided the colony and seized a large quantity of country bombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand