Fishermen clash at coastal village near Kundankulam nuke plant
Tirunelveli: Two groups of fishermen clashed using country bombs at the coastal village of Idinthakarai near Kundankulam Nuclear Power plant, but none was injured, police said.
They said the clash erupted over the area of fishing and anchoring of boats. No fisherman was injured as none of the country bombs exploded, they said.
Police said additional reinforcements had been sent to the village to monitor the situation.
On November 26, five persons, including a woman and three minor children, were killed in a bomb explosion in a colony in the village.
Police had later raided the colony and seized a large quantity of country bombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured