Fishermen return from Sri Lanka
Rameswaram: Thirty four fishermen from Tamil Nadu, set free by a Sri Lankan court after their arrest in July by the island navy for allegedly crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line, arrived at Mandapam near here on Saturday.
The fishermen, handed over to Indian Coast Guard by Sri Lankan Naval officials at the IMBL, were brought on board a Coast Guard ship which has anchored off Mandapam. They would be brought to the shores tomorrow, official sources said.
A Sri Lankan court had on September four orderd the release of the fishermen who were arrested on July 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach