Fishermen return from Sri Lanka
Rameswaram: Thirty four fishermen from Tamil Nadu, set free by a Sri Lankan court after their arrest in July by the island navy for allegedly crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line, arrived at Mandapam near here on Saturday.
The fishermen, handed over to Indian Coast Guard by Sri Lankan Naval officials at the IMBL, were brought on board a Coast Guard ship which has anchored off Mandapam. They would be brought to the shores tomorrow, official sources said.
A Sri Lankan court had on September four orderd the release of the fishermen who were arrested on July 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II